With the new uncertainty in the global aluminum market, AMD Supply has been preparing for the pent-up demand of aluminum by forecasting the needs of their Florida shutter contractors and keeping plenty of hurricane shutters materials in stock and ready to be delivered throughout Florida.
Here are some important terms you may hear during Florida’s annual hurricane season:
- Tropical Storm Watch: Tropical storm conditions are possible in the area.
- Hurricane Watch: Hurricane conditions are possible in the area.
Watches are issued 48 hours in advance of the anticipated onset of tropical storm-force winds.
- Tropical Storm Warning: Tropical storm conditions are expected in the area.
- Hurricane Warning: Hurricane conditions are expected in the area. Warnings are issued 36 hours in advance of tropical storm-force winds.
- Eye: Clear, sometimes well-defined center of the storm with calmer conditions.
- Eye Wall: Surrounding the eye, contains some of the most severe weather of the storm with the highest wind speed and largest precipitation.
- Rain Bands: Bands coming off the cyclone that produce severe weather conditions such as heavy rain, wind, and tornadoes.
- Storm Surge: An often underestimated and deadly result of ocean water swelling as a result of a landfalling storm, and quickly flooding coastal and sometimes areas further inland.
Hurricane shutters are protective coverings that stop the force of hurricane strong winds and debris from destroying the interior of a house or damaging its doors and windows. Aluminum hurricane shutters are common products for window contractors and shutter specialists in the coastal region of the United States, especially in South Florida (Miami, Broward, Palm …
Reliability, affordability, durability and the promise to deliver in the minimum of time spans— the four core requirements that sit atop the shutter checklist of every home or business owner that is searching for hurricane shutter providers in South Florida. However, with the market of Miami so saturated in this present age, people tend to …
Remember – homeowners or businesses; any Florida area where the basic wind velocity is 120 mph or above is subject to the hurricane shutter code. All the areas within one mile of the coast, with wind speed above 110 mph, also come under the same category. Basic Requirements for Hurricane Shutter Code According to the …
Supernova Hurricane Shutters Living in a high velocity hurricane zone with a high chance of strong winds and storms, no one understands the importance of good hurricane shutters better than the people of Florida. There are many things you need to consider when it comes to buying hurricane shutters. First of all there is a …
AMD Supply LLC, South Florida’s leading wholesale supplier for hurricane shutters and aluminum supplies, has recently added a whole new array of hurricane & storm shutters to our warehouse inventory. Residents in Florida and the Caribbean had an eventful 2017 with Hurricane Irma ripping through the southeast and destroying homes that were inhabitable for weeks, months at …