AMD Supply carries two TDI approved shutters ranging from accordian shutters to roll up shutters.
Hurricane season in Florida starts June 1st to November 30th annually in the Atlantic Ocean. The different hurricane categories range start at a Category 1 Hurricane up to a Category 5 Hurricane. The majority of tropical storm activity happens between August and October with September being the peak month in the Atlantic hurricane season. The Gulf of Mexico also has tropical storm surge and has been in the past on the receiving end of the eye wall like Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Important Terms You’ll Hear During Florida’s Hurricane Season 2022:
- Tropical Storm Watch: Tropical storm conditions are possible in the area.
- Hurricane Watch: Hurricane conditions are possible in the area. Watches are issued 48 hours in advance of the anticipated onset of tropical storm-force winds.
- Tropical Storm Warning: Tropical storm conditions are expected in the area.
- Hurricane Warning: Hurricane conditions are expected in the area. Warnings are issued 36 hours in advance of tropical storm-force winds.
- Eye: Clear, sometimes well-defined center of the storm with calmer conditions.
- Eye Wall: Surrounding the eye, contains some of the most severe weather of the storm with the highest wind speed and largest precipitation.
- Rain Bands: Bands coming off the cyclone that product severe weather conditions such as heavy rain, wind, and tornadoes.
- Storm Surge: An often underestimated and deadly result of ocean water swelling as a result of a landfalling storm, and quickly flooding coastal and sometimes areas further inland.
Some of the worst hurricanes have through the Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico and hit Florida with catastrophic damage; Hurricane Michael, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Andrew, Hurricane Charley, Hurricane Dorian and Hurricane Wilma to name a few hurricanes. During hurricane season, make sure to visit the National Hurricane Center website for up-to-date information on potential hurricanes in Florida and the Gulf Coast. Make sure to keep plenty of supplies for you and your loved ones.
AMD Supply is the manufacturer of the Supernova Shutters, an accordion hurricane system recently awarded, “Best Accordion Shutters“, in 2022 by the Spruce. Our accordion hurricane shutters are Florida Building Code Approved to the highest standards up to Category 5 hurricane winds and can be shut from the inside as well as cover full patios, garages, and windows in an instant.
AMD Supply LLC, South Florida’s leading wholesale supplier for accordion hurricane shutters and aluminum supplies, has continued to add more hurricane shutter inventory for the upcoming hurricane season 2022 with four distribution centers to help our window and shutter contractors throughout Florida, and the Texas Gulf Coast. Residents in Florida and the Caribbean had an eventful 2017 …
There are many methods that may be used to protect your home from hurricanes, however, lightweight aluminum shutters such as our patented Supernova brand of accordion hurricane shutters are the perfect option because of their speed of deployment. Here at AMD Supply we have compiled a few important benefits of having hurricane shutters installed on your Florida property.
Reliability, affordability, durability and the promise to deliver in the minimum of time spans— the four core requirements that sit atop the shutter checklist of every home or business owner that is searching for hurricane shutter providers in South Florida. However, with the market of Miami so saturated in this present age, people tend to …