If you reside in a hurricane-prone area in the United States, you’ve probably considered installing hurricane shutters or storm panels alongside the windows and doors of your house.
Hurricane Shutters are known to be the most economical solution for people living in places like Florida, where the risks of storms and hurricanes are very high for most of the year. Hurricane season in Florida runs from June 1st to November 30th each year over the Atlantic Ocean, Texas, and the Gulf Coast states.
There are many types of hurricane shutters available out there, each with its own pros and cons; however, there are four types of hurricane shutters that AMD Supply carries for their window shutter installers and contractors throughout Florida.
These include accordion hurricane shutters and DIY shutters. Here is a comparison between the two so that you can easily decide which one best fits your Florida home or commercial property needs.
These storm protection panels are also made of high-quality aluminum supplies and are meant to be attached to the walls that surround the windows of the house. They typically have a grooved design, where one piece overlaps the next one in order to provide maximum strength. The main reason why they are popular is because of their low cost, as compared to other types of DIY hurricane shutters like plywood shutters or hurricane screens / fabric.
- They are inexpensive, lowest cost, and easy on the pocket
- They are available in different types, such as ones that are directly bolted to the wall, ones that use tracks, and others that include both tracks and bolts
- They can be easily removed without any hassle
- They are incredibly strong and provide increased protection for both doors and windows
- They need external storage to store them when not in use (garage, storage shed, etc)
- Installation is a tad difficult and requires more than one person
- They have sharp edges so you must handle them with care
- There are times when they don’t end up lining properly
Both Accordion Shutters and Storm Panels have their own share of disadvantages; however, they are top choices to protect your home and family knowing they are made out of heavy duty aluminum.
So, if you wish to invest in good-quality, durable, and efficient hurricane window protection equipment, buy hurricane protection products from an approved AMD Supply LLC vendor and protect your home from hurricanes and unexpected storms in Florida and the Texas Gulf Coast.
These are some of the most popular types of hurricane shutters, particularly among homeowners living in Florida; in fact, the Supernova Shutters system is the #1 requested shutter brand in the sunshine state and ranked #1 in The Spruce’s Best Hurricane Shutters. These accordion shutters are available in one or two-piece configurations, and they look like ‘curtains.’ As the name suggests, they can actually unfold like an accordion and are stored towards one side on the exterior window frame.
- They are made using the best-quality aluminum and stainless steel parts
- They can be fitted permanently on the sides of the windows, preventing you from having to constantly re-install them
- They are super easy to install and just require you to slide them and connect the sides
- A single accordion shutter can cover entire balconies
- They are extremely strong, durable, and offer maximum protection against hurricanes
- Accordion Shutters don’t require any extra storage space since they are stored right next to the windows
- They tend to look bulky and out-of-place
- They are more expensive than other kinds of hurricane window protection equipment
If you are looking for more information on the different hurricane protection products available at AMD Supply LLC, please call us for a free estimate. Call us today at (786) 671-0700 or feel free to visit one of our four locations in Florida: Boynton Beach, Port St. Lucie, Miramar, Deerfield Beach.